Different Kinds of Cellphones and Tablet for A New Generation
The innovation and advancement of technology brought about a lot of gadgets that we use in our day to day lives. Even a simple mobile phone today has taken a lot of forms and functions to make our lives much easier. From the modest, thick, and antenna-oriented wireless phones, to the small and durable basic cellphones, these mobile communication tools have shaped the way we communicate with other people. And now with the introduction of the smartphones, casual users and tech enthusiasts now have another reason to celebrate this milestone of wireless communication.
Now, while most people are becoming more fascinated with what the smartphone can offer, there are still some people who would prefer using the basic phone, and its simpler uses. The idea between what’s modern and what’s functional isn’t quite bad for the industry. In fact, the diversity between the basic phone and smartphone helps the industry achieve a bigger audience, providing the most appropriate phone for every person. In a nutshell, the cellphone is made so that we can communicate with each other anywhere we’re in. The most accurate definition of the device is a telephone and a pager in your pocket. Good for receiving calls and messages. Now with this so called advancement in tech, the cellphone grew into a device that does more than simply take calls and write texts. The smartphone, the cellphone’s latest iteration, is now described as a computer in your pocket. Now while the smartphones are dominating the mobile market, where online shopping for these gadgets had become rampant for the past years, there are still more people who rely on the easy use of the older cellphones, now named basic phones. Whatever type of phone you choose, you’re assured that the most important aspect of the device, its calls and messages, are still intact.
- Shape and Size: Mobiles have similar widths and lengths and are thicker. Also, most of the standard phones have smaller screen.
- Design and Durability: A Basic phone is the epitome of robustness. There are models that are designed specifically to be dustproof.
- Operating System(OS): Operating systems for basic phones usually are very non-descript, and rarely affect the purchasing decision. Most OS are offering Bluetooth, music player, cameras and voice recorder.
- Functionality: Most basic phones offer texting and calling only. Some basic phones offer other features like mp3 and radio. Some may also have limited internet capabilities due to the small screen and small hardware.
Standard parts of Basic Phones
- Shape and Size: Smart phones have larger widths and their bodies are thinner. They also have larger screen interface measuring roughly 4-6 inches.
- Design and Durability: Smartphones are less durable mainly because of their large touchscreen. But technology is already making its move into improving these gadgets’ durability.
- Operating System(OS): The most popular OS are Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows. iOS are specific to Apple(as part of the company’s branding), while Android is compatible with different manufacturers such as Asus and Samsung.
- Functionality: Smartphones have enhanced features. Besides calling and texting, these gadgets have a big impact on overall usability because of a number of features brought by their distinct OS. Also, internet connections are a pivotal aspect of smartphones that may also include 3G or 4G technology for internet connectivity.
Welcome to the new world of Smartphones
The Tablet Twins
Tablets were first introduced as a handy device that we can use for any task we need to accomplish. It is portable, suitable for gaming, can access Internet content, and can be equipped with the latest apps to make its functions more diverse. The larger device even has built-in cameras that can take pictures, and record videos, which you can automatically post on your social media. What other device can top off the tablet? Well, the phablet are good contenders for this. Aptly named from a combination of the word phone and tablet, this device is equally impressive and functional, with one significant upgrade from the tablet.
Now if you go deeper into the individual specs of the phablet, you’d know that this device is simply a tablet with calling capabilities… or much larger smartphones. Defining the phablet’s full features pretty much entails combining the handiness and main capabilities of a mobile phone, and the form and specs of a tablet. Different manufacturers also answered the call to distinguish these devices, with phablets getting categorized as 7-inch phones with tablet capabilities. Now with all the recent developments in how mobile groups develop their new devices, the phablet’s definition may even get lost in the shuffle. Overall, it is best to call every phone and tablet as a mobile device that is good to use on the go.
- Tablet Features: Most tablets measure 7.5-inches above in display size. These devices are often thin and features HD resolutions and run similar OS with that of smartphones. These tablets are also very connective, allowing you to connect the device using microUSB, miniHDMI, and a keyboard dock for a makeshift laptop
- Specifications and Performance: Performance-wise, the tablet is simply like a larger variant of the smartphone, albeit with limited connectivity. The tablet has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and often has larger storage capacities and RAM.
- Audience: Tablets are much preferable for business and work-oriented people that need the use of multimedia resources. Tablets are also very useful for casual use, pereferably for playing games and accessing apps.
Tablet for home and office
- Phablet Features: More widely known as tablets with call facility, the phablet has very similar specs with the tablet, with an added call feature. While most phablets have similar appearance with its Wi-Fi counterpart, some people also categorize mobile devices that have screen sizes above 5.5-inches with call facilities as phablets.
- Specifications and Performance: Phablets technically have higher RAM and better battery performance than tablets. While use of the device is also the same, the call facility of phablets allows you to call and text using the device. The call function of the phablet also give you Internet access through 3G, 4G, and LTE connections.
- Audience: Phablets’ use is vastly seen among the relatively younger generation. The device is very perfect for games, entertainment based apps, and the use of 3G and 4G services on a daily basis.