There is Much to Learn From Local Literature
For most people, literature is one of the important forms of media that people should come to realize with. The story that these books contain become timeless for a reason, especially since the stories written are passed down for generations. Even if people say that these books are way out of their timeframe, the lessons and relevance that literature provides to their audience shows that literature is as great and important as they were many years ago. This is especially true with the local Filipino literature.
Local Filipino Literature Becomes Diverse
Whenever people hear about Filipino literature, one of the things that they think of, aside from the language, is the country’s history. Majority of the literature that the country has dates back from centuries ago, with the myths and folklore playing a huge part in the creation of these stories. Some of the local stories also revolve around lessons about life, and family tales, since majority of the stories are made for children. There are also modern forms of literature being made today, as seen with user submitted write-ups becoming published as full-length novels, all to freshen up the local literature into its current state today. Now, with the diverseness of the country’s literature, one can see how the country really values the power of the word, with its different stories and tales that span generations until today. You can check out the different forms of the Filipino literature as you can see today, through the top online shopping site in the country, as well as some of the finest bookstores all around the Philippines.
- Overview: The Philippine Folk stories are the traditional literature that local people often tell their family generations. Every Filipino knows about the story of the elementals, the fairies, and important figures that shaped the Filipino culture before the Spanish arrived
- Target Audience: Most of the Filipino folk literature are targeted to kids and pre-teens, especially since some of them contain lessons that kids can apply to their lives
Philippine Folk Stories
- Overview: A very popular form of novel for girls and house helpers, the cheesy Filipino romance books often reinforce the stereotypes of the different types of romances that people often fantasize about. Among these plot lines are the class struggles, true love, and memorable quotes that can make readers amused and fall in love even more
- Target Audience: As stated, some of these Filipino novels are targeted towards young girls. In some cases, the Filipina house helper often get these types of books, and read them on their spare time.
- Overview: the fan submitted novels is the new form of the Filipino literature, all available for the commercial audiences. These novels are written by literature fans for literature fans, coming in different genres that can be exciting for the people.
- Target Audience: The fan-submitted novel is a very available form of literature that is marketed to teens and young adults. These are also very available as both physical copies and online availablility.