Weekender Bags: the choice tool for weekend warrior
Simply put, a weekend bag is something you pack for a weekend trip. It is small enough to be brought along conveniently as carry-on luggage or can fit in the passenger seat of a car, but it is also big enough to accommodate all the essentials to last for a couple of days. This kind of bag eliminates the need to pack multiple bags, or a one huge suitcase. It has a flat bottom to stabilize its contents, and a large main compartment. There may be two handles, one on each side, and a shoulder strap s that it can be carried easily. Weekend bags vary in size and style, depending on how it will be used. Duffel bags are perfect for athletes who need to bring multiple clothes, shoes, drinking bottles, and other gear with them. Students like the versatility of backpacks as they are functional for school, but are also be stylish for day trips and sleepovers. The carry-on bag is for frequent flyers because of it easily meets the size and weight requirements of airlines, saving them from the long lines at the luggage check-in counter.
The weekend bag to get you on your way
Most bags used to only be made of heavy, durable cloth like canvas, but with the growing need for form plus function, brands have come to offer bags made of leather, nylon, and jute. Weekend bags can vary in size, but are generally medium to large in size. As suggested by its name, it must be big enough to accommodate things that may be need throughout the course of a weekend, such as clothes, shoes, toiletries, and other personal items. Some weekend activities would require specific bags, but weekend bags are designed for general use.
- Size: This type of bag can be of medium to large size
- Material: Typically, the body of the bag is made of canvas. It is to be carried using a heavy duty strap made of nylon and secured with plastic buckles. Oftentimes, the bag also has two handles on both sides that can be put together with a Velcro wrap so it can alternatively be carried by hand. This kind of bag is soft and unstructured, and can accommodate a large load of things.
- User: Its use is typically associated with athletes as its large main compartment can accommodate their clothes and gear. Some brands specifically design their bags for athletes. This particular type of duffel bags has special compartments for shoes and water bottles, and the inside of the bag is lined with water-resistant material.
- Size: A bag like this is usually medium-sized or large-sized.
- Material: This type of bag is usually made with canvas as it is a cheap, lightweight material, but luxury bags can be made with leather. It is a structured bag with a flat bottom, a large main compartment, and smaller pockets located in different parts of the bag. A backpack is characterized by its two shoulder straps for support. Specific bags designed for hiking or mountain climbing have added features for support such as chest straps and waist straps. For easy access, most backpacks use zippers, buckles, or clasps.
- User: This is the most common type of bag as it can serve a variety of purposes. It is usually used by students for school, but is generally favored by teenagers and young adults. Its large compartment and easy handling makes it a good choice for day trips, sleepovers, and weekend getaways.
- Size: This bag is small to medium sized, but the specifics can differ between airlines. Check the airline company for the size and weight restrictions, although signs regarding this can also be seen in airports.
- Material: It is a structured bag made of plastic or a thick fabric, and has zippers for easy access. It may resemble a small suitcase or trolley, with wheels and an extendable handle for speedy dashes across the airport.
- User: This is a favorite among frequent flyers who go on short trips such as businessmen and journalists who want to shave the waiting time for checking in their luggage.