The Action Figures: Proper Play Avenue For Boys
If you're a boy and still young at heart, there is a big possibility that you are still a fan of action figures. These toys for boys are hardly like the dolls that girls used to love. In fact, most these toys are tougher and customizable to play on the rough grounds. Action figures were very popular between boys, to the point that it became a status symbol for kids back in the day. You are simply not cool enough if you do not have the latest figurine to hit the markets. And if you buy sets of these toys, you can actually create an army of pretend soldiers, robots, pokemons and cars that you can play by yourself, or with friends.
You Can Get Back into the Action Figure Mix By Collecting
Of course, action figures aren’t meant to simply be the toys for young kids. Even adults today still love these toys, using them to complete the collections of the past toys that they can display on their homes, or donate to toy museums. There are also some action figures that can be a good hobby for hobbyists, assembling and modifying the toys to suit a good design, and then add to their collection. No matter what purpose you may want with an action figure, you should always understand that you are never too old to be buying the toys you once enjoyed playing with.
Collectible Action figures
- Overview: Most action figures today are made and designed to be collectible models for the older audience. These toys can be bought and displayed with their boxes, or opened and played with by children. These toys are also durable enough and easy to clean if decided to be played with outside.
- Audience : The action figure’s target audience is associated with the male demographic, both for boys and men alike. These toys can be played by children, or be collected by adults.
- Available Toys : The different featured toys that are considered as action figures are the soldier types like the GI Joe, robots like Transformers, and sports superstars like the WWE wrestlers and NBA basketball players.
Hobby Action Figures
- Overview: The hobby figurines and collectibles are the specific line of figurines that require much assembly before completion. These often take time and effort to piece together the parts and build the entire model to your liking. Afterwards, you can display the finished toy on your shelf, or decorate it even further to look more beautiful and realistic.
- Audience : Unlike the standard action figures, these hobby toys are aimed more for a mature audience, specifically hobbyists and collectors who spend time playing and assembling these action figures.
- Available Toys : The most common forms of the hobby toys are the robot genres like the Gundams and Zoids. There are also other hobby figures like aircrafts and helicopters, all symbolizing and looking more realistic.