Clutch Bags Are Functional Yet Stylish Wardrobe Staples
As all good fashionistas know, accessories are just as important as the outfit. They can make or break the whole ensemble based on whether it adds flare or glare. One of the most overlooked accessories is the clutch bag. Women often treat these bags as simply a functional item that is meant to store their smaller knickknacks and everyday essentials. While this is true, that should be no excuse for going with the wrong bags for your look and occasion. Like other bags, the clutch bag comes in different styles and designs to suit varied functions. One should treat it like a multi-functional accessory that lends a statement to the overall effect of the look.
Various Features of Women’s Clutch Bags
Not all clutch bags are made the same, hence they are not all meant for the same purpose. Although they are all meant to be small bags for convenient and portable storage of everyday essentials, they can have small differences between them matter. Generally made smaller than backpacks, satchels, and sling bags, clutch bags may be so small to only carry a single cellphone and a small coin pouch, or may be medium-sized to carry a mobile phone, a wallet, a handful of cosmetics, and other essentials. They can vary in color and material, which should be chosen by a buyer based on the purpose and occasion it will be used for. By definition, “clutch” means to grasp or hold by hand, so traditionally, clutch bags are small handheld strapless bags. However, for the sake of convenience, some are made with thin, detachable straps that can be removed if not needed. These straps may be long enough to be worn over the shoulder, while others are round elastics meant to be slipped around the wrist. Most only have a single compartment, but larger clutch bags have smaller pockets inside as well.
- Material: These may be made out of fabrics, leather, faux animal skin, or synthetic materials.
- Style: Bags like this can come in neutral or bright colors, as well as exotic animal prints.
- Size: Daytime clutch bags are typically bigger as ladies need to bring along a lot of essentials including mobiles, money, and cosmetics. Nighttime clutches are often smaller to allow them the freedom of movement during social events.
- Material: These are often made of fabric, metals, and synthetic materials.
- Style: Bags like these are often more structured than casual clutch bags and maintain their shape regardless of the contents. They are styled simply yet elegantly to suit formalwear, and come in neutral, functional shades.
- Size: Bags for this type of affair tends to be smaller as to not disrupt the body’s movement, giving one the freedom to socialize and mingle whilst conveniently carrying the essentials. These bags also draw very little attention to themselves without compromising style, maintaining focus on the overall outfit.