Record Your Heart-Pumping Activities With An Action Camera
Photography and videography has now become so easy and convenient because of the variety of cameras that people now have access to. Before, these were hobbies that were reserved for the ones who were rich enough to afford fun adventures and the fancy equipment to record them. Now, daytrips and outing are cheaper, and so are cameras. The rise of popularity sports and action cameras started in social media, when the P.O.V. videos of adventurers went viral. These showed the thrilling act, whether it was a surfer ripping a wave or a zipliner coasting over the trees, in the perspective of the one doing it. These exhilarating videos became so popular, and prompted people to record their own adrenaline-pumping activities. Sports cameras are tiny square cameras, about the size of a palm, which can record videos and photos in high-definition. Most are controlled and monitored remotely using an app which allows users to view what is happening via a smartphone. These can be attached to various devices, objects, and vehicles for maximum usability. They are also meant to be encased in protective gear so that they can be used on land, in the air, and under the sea.
Things To Consider When Purchasing Sports Camera Accessories
There are many kinds of action cam accessories for sale in the Philippines. Most are relatively cheap, but buying all of them at once would cost a lot. If you’re trying to save up and you don’t plan on doing too many extraneous activities soon, you should think about which ones to buy. First, let’s talk protection. The main advantage of having a sports camera is that it is small enough to be used on land, in the air, and under water, so make sure you equip your gadget for that. Next, think about where you will be using it and how you will be using it the most. There is certain equipment designed for specific purposes, so you should research on what you will need. For example, a floater handgrip is a useful tool for those who often shoot above water. If the camera falls, it will stay afloat over water, so you won’t lose it. If you are often on a bike or in a car, get a vehicle mount to keep your camera stable while shooting. Of course, keep a budget in mind to narrow down your range of possible products. Once that is all decided, you can buy sports camera accessories online by heading over to your favorite shopping site.
- Housing/Case: Most brands of sports cameras offer cases for the device. These are typically water-proof, shock-proof, and dirt-proof to ensure overall protection from the elements. This is essential to ensure that your device will remain functional and in top shape throughout your activities.
- Floater/Bobber: These are cylindrical plastic tubes with a camera attachment on top. It functions as a handgrip for stable filming on water. It comes in bright colors and floats on water to make it easy to see in case the camera fall into water.
- Replacement Parts: Because these cameras may take a beating when used on the field, the impacts may damage the protective shell. There are several replacement parts for protective gear available, such as water-proof cases and lens caps, to ensure your device stays safe and functional.
- Mounts: There are many models of car mounts and bike mounts to allow the user to film while on the road. Car mounts are typically attached to the dashboard or the steering wheel, while bike mounts are clamped on to the handlebars. These vary in sizes and lengths to accommodate various needs.
- Tripods/Monopods: Tripods are 3-legged camera mounts that are ideally used on flat surfaces for shooting videos or long-exposure photos. Monopods are 1-legged camera mounts meant to be held still on the floor. A variation of this is the monopod or selfie stick, which allows the user to extend it upward like an arm to take photos or videos.
- Body Straps: These are used to attach camera to one’s body, like the chest or the head. Helmet mounts are the most common.