Smartphone: Say Goodbye To Basic
If there is one amazing thing about mobile technology, it is its capability of rapidly changing. Thanks to the advancement of all our devices, everything that we need to connect with other people became fast and easy. A few years back, we said goodbye to the basic cellular phone, which only allowed us to make call and texts, and welcomed the smartphones into our lives. Listening to music, surfing the Internet, watching movies, and taking selfies – these are just some of the features that this new mobile device can do. Its physical appearance and design are sleek and lightweight. The small monitor of the old phone is now replaced with a large touch-sensitive screen with HD resolution. Changing a SIM card won’t be a problem anymore, since majority of them are dual-SIM capable.
Smartphone: Add new applications
A lot of mobile device groups have been popping out in the Philippines, trying to produce smartphones for all kinds of users. At the same time, the demand for this new device is constantly getting larger, with even the mid to lower class wanting to have this new gadget. Filipinos love to explore new things. That is why learning the device and using it is easier for them. Price isn’t even a factor for these devices now. Despite being high-tech, the costs of making these phones aren’t as much expensive, allowing start-up brands to contribute into the market, producing the same handsets in a much cheaper price. If you are new to this latest trend in technology, look no further. The market is full of brands of devices, categorized as entry-level, midrange, and high-end, which you can choose from.
- Standard features: Also known as a high-end phone, this is basically the phone that carries the brand’s name. All of the best and finest specs and features, a smartphone can offer are put into the flagship device.
- Technical specs: Flagships run the latest OS, upgradable to the next OS, and comes with fast processor speeds. In terms of memory, the flagship has large (albeit non expansive) storage, and at least 2GB RAM
- Known flagship brands: Apple iPhone, Sony Xperia Z series, Samsung Galaxy S series, LG G series
- Standard features: As the name suggests, the devices that fall under this group are in the middle in terms of specs. The devices here are practical for most users, equipped with above-average features, with at least 3 flagship specs.
- Technical Specs: Runs the latest OS with an OTA update for the next OS at optimum processor speeds. At least 1GB RAM, with expandable storage capacity via microSD
- Known midrange brands: Sony Xperia E, Huawei Ascend, Asus Zenfone series, Lenovo phone series, Xiaomi
- Standard features: Known as the budget phone, these are the more affordable brands of phones, produced by companies specifically for those who are new to the smartphone.
- Technical Specs: Runs either a previous OS or the latest OS. Decent processor speeds, topping at 1.5GHz under a dual-core chip. A much smaller internal storage, expandable via microSD, with a maximum of 1GB RAM
- Known start-up brands: Cherry Mobile, MyPhone, Starmobile, ArcMobile, Kata