Racquet Sports: A Rising Trend Among Philippine Athletes
Racquet sports in the Philippines! Many people are probably familiar with one or two forms of this activity, but as it continues to grow internationally, there’s a good chance that Filipinos will also get to know and learn more about the different sports under this general ruling. Racquet sports are called as such simply because of the racquets used in playing these sports. The long, circular, and netted racquets used to hit balls and shuttlecocks are the essences of the sports and athletes couldn’t play the games without this particular equipment. Players also need to familiarize themselves with the different rules of the particular sport that they are playing, whether it is squash, tennis, or badminton—getting really good when playing the games and eventually wanting to compete in a serious and professional level.
Get to Know the Different Racquet Sports in the Philippines
As stated previously, what makes the racquet sports very unique are the usage of the racquets in playing the games. The rules and the sports are individually very different, but the idea remains constant through all the sports: hit the ball or shuttlecock towards the areas that the opponent cannot reach. These games can also be played either as singles or as doubles games, where you and a partner can play the game against another pair of players. These racquet games can really be fun and exciting, not to mention advantageous for the person’s health, when played properly. The equipment and items for the different racquet games are now available in the Philippines through the country’s top online shopping site today.
- Overview: Probably the most popular racquet sport in the whole world. Tennis is a really fun and energetic sport that can be played on an open field. The rules and regulations of the game are standard, but its popularity over the world is enormous, especially now with Filipinos also playing this sport to get really good and compete.
- Type of Sport: The tennis game is a popular sport, where the competitors face each other on a court, hitting tennis balls using the racquets, towards areas that their opponents won’t most likely reach. The accessories for the sport include the tennis racquets, a set of tennis balls, and the appropriate attire and gear for the game.
- Overview: One of the more accessible and playable racquet sports in the Philippines, every person can play this open sport at the basic level, as this fun game can actually be played, anywhere, as long as the two players have their racquets and a shuttlecock.
- Type of Sport: The badminton game is a much simpler but also a very fun game, played by keeping the shuttlecock from hitting the ground, volleying it across the playing area by the competitors, while also strategizing where to hit the shuttlecock that their opponents can’t reach. Aside from the shuttlecock and the racquets, the other accessories needed for this are the appropriate badminton shoes, the net, and of course, the proper badminton wear.
- Overview: One of the newest racquet games in the Philippines, this game is a more indoor-based game that people can also enjoy, due to its difficulty, but also fun play styles, as well as the fixed rules and regulations regarding the walling.
- Type of Sport: Squash is quite similar to tennis, where the players must hit the ball in areas that their competitors won’t reach. The different is that the game is played facing a wall, and the players stand side by side. The players must hit the wall and bounce the squash ball towards an area that their competitors can’t reach, while also increasing their distance and pacing, so that they themselves can reach the ball once it bounces from the wall.