What’s confusing with a cellphone?
With the innovation and advancement of technology, a simple mobile phone has taken a lot of forms, names and models from the modest, thick, and antenna-oriented wireless phones. Today, these gadgets have specifications that goes far and beyond their old days and are widely known as cellular phones, wait… smartphones. Confusing eh? For the tech savvy it may only take a few seconds to recognize which is which. But on a standard consumer perception, it’s really hard to determine the difference unless you literally dive into a vast of information just to solve the conflict. Well, there are really no conflicts between these two electronics. Both are good at their respective areas, but alterations from functionality, purposes and features are inevitable.
- Shape and Size: Mobiles have similar widths and lengths and are thicker. Also, most of the standard phones have smaller screen.
- Design and Durability: A Basic phone is the epitome of robustness. There are models that are designed specifically to be dustproof or waterproof.
- Operating System(OS): Operating systems for basic phones usually are very non-descript, and rarely affect the purchasing decision. Most OS are offering Bluetooth, music player, cameras and voice recorder.
- Functionality: Most basic phones offer texting and calling only, some may have internet capabilities but if there are, things are very limited due to the small screen and small hardware.
Standard parts of Basic Phones
- Shape and Size: Smart phones have larger widths and their bodies are thinner. They also have larger screen interface measuring roughly 4-6 inches.
- Design and Durability: Smartphones are less durable mainly because of their large touchscreen. But technology is already making its move into improving these gadgets’ durability.
- Operating System(OS): The most popular OS are Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows. iOS are specific to Apple(as part of the company’s branding), while Android are compatible with different manufacturers such as HTC and Samsung.
- Functionality: Smartphones have enhanced power. Besides calling and texting, these gadgets have a big impact on overall usability because of a number of features brought by their distinct OS. Also, internet connections are a pivotal aspect of smartphones that may also include 3G or 4G technology for internet connectivity.
Welcome to the new world of Smartphones
The Tablet twin
Differing Tablets and Phablets is really confusing, you can actually distinguish one difference by their names, because the name Phablet is just a combination of the word—phone and tablet which pretty much makes the overall look of the gadget. The thing is, the difference goes more than the looks. And these alterations are still unknown to most people since phablets are relatively new devices on the market. Going back, the big difference between these two devices is that phablets are easier to carry around and versatile enough to be used as smartphones, while tablets may be too big to carry around as a phone.
- Screen Size of Tablet Computer: Most are measuring 7.5” to 10”.
- Communication: Tablets have calling features just like that of a smartphone but its size makes it awkward and inconvenient to hold to the ear.
- Performance: The same features than that of a smartphone. But its performance is affected mainly by having a larger screen since it consumes more battery.
- Audience: Tablets are much preferable for business and work-oriented people that need the use of multimedia resources.
Tablet PC for home and office
- Screen Size: Those of the phablets are relatively smaller but a bit larger to that of smartphones measuring 5” to 7” respectively.
- Communication: Tablet Phone are built and designed for people who want to have a tablet and smartphone all in one. Convenient to use as a phone while still having the same connectivity of a tablet.
- Performance: Phablets technically have higher RAM than the tablets. The better battery performance of these gadgets are a direct result of having more powerful processors.
- Audience: Phablets’ acceptance is vastly seen among the relatively younger generation. For entertainment based apps and the use of wi-fi services on a daily basis.