Chill within the Comforts of your Home
Are you often wondering on how will you spend your free time? Do you always ask yourself how to spend your leisure time and what to do to entertain yourself on weekends or holidays? When you face a situation like this, your friends have something important to do, you already have your gym routine done, and you are seeing your lazy, fat dog in the kitchen. Now in what other ways will you make your weekends more fun and exciting? You can make a list of the movies that you may want to watch, line up the magazines that keep you interested, try to skim a book and try to keep glued for an hour or so, then you'll be amazed that the hours have already passed, yet you did not get bored.
Stop worrying about your free time because it doesn’t need worrying at all! There is only one thing to do on this time of the week, keep yourself busy with activities that you have longed for, or try new things to give your routinary life a break. Having fun during holidays or weekends doesn’t necessarily mean going outside, you can have the fun that you want right at the comfortable corners of your home. How? To put it simply, the way your body needs exercise is the way your mind needs something to think of also. Try to read a book that you have wanted all your life, but didn't have the chance of reading it, now is the perfect time to appreciate a hard bound novel, or compilation. This will not only keep you busy, but it can also enrich your vocabulary, geography, and knowledge on the fields that you have not tried before.
Play it Right at Home
If you want to achieve something really productive for the summer or Christmas vacation or maybe for your idle weekends, you can try to have your very own musical instrument and start playing some songs with the help of a friend or a professional coach. Playing the drums, guitar or the keyboard has never been that hard, you just have to give it a try, some time, and concentration. Being musically inclined actually improves your skills not only with music but also enhances your memory, as remembering the notes require keen association of the sound, keys and rhythm. When you master your desired instrument, you can now invite your friends who also play other instruments and have a little jamming session. Now, there's another thing to keep you busy. you can also try to drop by a small recording studio so you can try to perfect your very own rendition of your favorite song.
There are lots of ways on how to keep the ball rollin' and tunes playing on a lonesome weekend. Keep everyone glued to the screen with your series collection and make a game out of it after the family dinner just before everyone prepare for bedtime. If you tend to live in an apartment with your workmates or friends, you can opt for a movie marathon on a cold summer night before going heading up to the office days and your busy schedule. Search for the perfect conversation starter right at the living room and be the life of the party at your house.
- Movies: Make time to view movies that suit your taste or choose from Action (Nikita), Romance (The Notebook, Lakehouse, and A Walk to Remember), Comedy (50 First Dates, Grown-ups, This is the End), and Anime (Naruto, and Samurai-X)
- Series: There are lots of series collection here from Comedy (FRIENDS), Adventure (Game of Thrones), and Drama (How I Met Your Mother) among the top picks
- Magazines: Try to enjoy reading Preview, Cosmopolitan, FHM, Smart Parenting, Good Housekeeping, Yes, and Candy magazines to update your knowledge on the contemporary know hows
- Musical Instruments: Try to play any type of guitar, drums, violin, or keyboard on your free time and be amazed on how good you are with notes. Search for the right accessories like tuners, amplifiers, and recorder to improve on your playing skills
- Audio CDs: If you are looking for some songs that will suit your mood, pick the religious compilation (Hillsong, Darlene Zsech, and Don Moen) or OPM (Parokya ni Edgar, Southboarder, or Urbandub). Or have a stock of audio stimulants for your kids from the Children's Favorites (Nursery Rhymes, Nurturing Tunes, and Sing-along)
- Accessories: Improve your skills with your desired musical instrument and use new drumsticks, bows, pick, and level it up with amplifiers
- Academic reference: Students can choose from a wide range of textbooks (Algebra, Trigonomoetry, Natural and Physical Sciences), and reference books (Social Studies, Anthropology, Literature, and HIstory) for collegiate use
- Fiction: You can choose from a wide variety of books for the creative minds like children's books (fairy tales, Bible stories, and nursery rhymes), fiction (creative, and sci-fi), and romance novels
- Inspirational Books: Those who need motivation can pick something from self-help books (Wealthe within your Reach, and Making your Money Work), devotion guides (Purpose Driven Life), and fasting and meditation books