Escape From The Ordinary With Entertainment Books
Within the pages of novels, bookworms are able to be transported to magical new worlds to live the lives of interesting people. With the chapters of a book, readers can fight crimes, solve puzzles, befriend ancient beings, and save planets. Books are sources of entertainment, a form of escape from the humdrum of ordinary life. Sure, there are movies and TV shows, but lots of people still prefer written stories because they can shape the story with their imagination. Even though places, people, and emotions are described, they are interpreted differently by readers. Without fancy music and directed dialogue, readers can experience the stories naturally and at their own pace. With the great range of genres, there is surely a book for everyone. There’s even a saying that “if you don’t like reading, you just haven’t found the right book”.
Local Entertainment Books Have Great Stories By Filipino Writers
There are different kinds of entertaining books for sale in the Philippines. Most bookstores are filled with titles from foreign writers, but Pinoy authors should not be disregarded. The country has a lot of great writers who weave interesting and thought-provoking stories. There is something magical about reading a narrative set in familiar streets and talking about popular local figures. Local fiction books are also great because they tackle issues through the eyes of a Filipino. They delve into relevant social issues, and are respectful to national beliefs and practices. Only in local entertainment books do you read about protagonists who say “po” and “opo”. You can Filipino entertainment books online by heading to your favorite shopping website.
- Manga: This refers to Japanese-style comics that are read in reverse compared to traditional comics. They are formatted top to bottom, right to left, following the traditional Japanese reading pattern.
- Superheroes: This is the most common genre of comics. The stories follow the lives and adventures of superheroes and villains, either as individuals or teams. Major franchises like Marvel and DC make several comics about these heroes existing in multiple universes with varying storylines.
- Stand-alone Narrative: This type is the closest to literary novels. They tackle the same genres as written books, like romance and suspense. The styles and stories vary, but they are all singular illustrated stories.
- Autobiography: These are stories of the author’s experiences and opinions.
- Non-fiction: Similar to the autobiography, this refers to stories written by the author based on his/her life. However, these tend to relate to relevant themes and social issues.
- Romance: This genre is the most diverse with a lot of subgenres because love stories can be told in many ways. There are mutual relationships, forbidden love, and unrequited affections. Examples of subgenres are Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Erotica, and Young Adult Romance.
- Suspense/Mystery: This genre deals with dark themes that make the readers anxious and curious about what happens. Most of these novels deal with dystopian societies, uprisings and wars, criminal activity, detective work, law enforcement, quest stories, and bloody fights.
- Inspirational: This genre may be fictional or non-fiction, but tends to deal with uplifting stories. Some are long-format novel types, while others are collections of short stories.
- Non-fiction: This genre contains stories of real-life events. Some analyze historical events, while others document important occasions. For example, there are several Cosplay Books, and books written about the recent Royal Wedding.