The advancement of technology stems from the desktop and laptop computers
Look around your environment for a while. See how everyone – from businessmen to students, to kids and adults, parents and children – has some form of computer that people use for multiple reasons and purposes. Many years ago, this type of device was quite an outstanding technology, that it was only accessible and used for large business and government projects. Today, anyone can have any different form of this technology – from a trusted desktop PC to a more portable laptop. While the two variants of the gadget can serve you the same purpose, there’s still a degree of contrast between them that you may want to check out the two computer types’ features before deciding.
The importance of the desktop through its use
One of the more common forms of the computer, a type which is commonly associated with the device, is the desktop PC. The larger variant, comprised of different gadgets and parts, was first developed to provide industries the means to advance their businesses through communication, research, and storage. Today, even the most common household has a basic desktop installed in their home, where members of a family can use for playing games, surfing the net, checking social media sites, and other tasks. This type of PC soon branched out to other different sub-categories with different strengths, based on the features put into them. Trying to look for the best desktop that you can call your own? Check out the different types of computers below, and see which type of PC you prefer the most.
- Uses: Standard computer, perfect for family use – research, social media, low-res gaming, and typing.
- Features : Standard desktop with balanced specs all-around, with internet connectivity, decent graphics, and working programs.
- Accessories: Standard QWERTY keyboard, optimal storage and performance, comes with standard speakers and optional printer.
- Brands available: Dell, Acer, HP
Basic Desktop computer
- Uses: Desktop PC with powerful specs and fast processing for playing HD games without a hitch.
- Features: The computer hardware comprises large storage capacity, powerful processors and high graphics card
- Accessories include: Gaming mouse and keyboard, Hi-Fi computer speakers, optional USB controller
- Brands available: Digital Age, eBox gaming, AMD, Acer Veriton
Gaming Desktop computer
- Uses: Business-type computer that is needed for making reports, showing presentations, and storging important documents.
- Features: Computer type focuses on Internet accessibility, connectivity with other devices, high storage capacity, and multiple business programs installed
- Accessories include: Office-type printer, projector, power regulator.
- Brands available: Apple iMac, HP, Lenovo, Asus,
- Uses: Professional computer subtype that is specifically built for making, storing, transferring, and presenting media files like HD videos, High-res images, and Hi-Fi sound files
- Features: The computer comprises HD screen, large storage capacity, high graphics card, and media editing and media playing software
- Accessories include: HD printer, stylus pad, computer headphones
- Brands available: Apple iMac, Lenovo
The many types, forms, and uses of the laptop
Computers are becoming more accessible each year. From the much dependable desktop PC, the technology became more portable through the laptop. This handy version of the PC was first conceived as an alternative way of using the computer while on the go. In terms of specs, this convenient gadget has similar processing power, usage, and hardware as its larger counterpart. The only difference was that the device uses the standard features seen in most computers. Soon, the diversity once seen in the different types of desktops was soon implemented this compact computer, providing a more diverse market for this reliable, movable, and more personal gadget. Want to see how this smaller gadget expands through different types? Then check out the specs differentiating a gaming laptop from a business one.
Shop for the best and most trusted desktop and laptop just for you.
Technology and communication pretty much revolves around these two forms of the reliable device. The computer has become an essential part of our way of living that imagining a day without checking your e-mail, playing games, or preparing type-written documents for work seems impossible for people. In fact, look into the other appliances and electronics we use. Believe it or not, these products are either connected to a computer system, or have design features and specifications based on this premiere device. Take a moment and appreciate how the desktop and laptop computers have made our lives easier, and how it personally changed your lifestyle. In time, the next device you buy can be life changing as well.
- Uses: Standard-sized laptops for multiple and personal use
- Features: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled, standard QWERTY keyboard, decent storage space and hardware, similar use with a desktop, but much more portable
- Brands available: Toshiba, Acer, Dell, HP, Redfox
- Uses: Business/school laptop with a much smaller form factor.
- Features: Fast Wi-Fi connectivity, above average storage capacity, fewer hardware to maximize performance.
- Brands available: Asus, Lenovo, Nextbook, Neo
- Uses: Laptop with strong specs and high graphics for playing HD games
- Features: Full HD screen with high graphics card. Strong processor, high RAM space, and ample storage for playing games without lag
- Brands available: MSI, Alienware, Asus X series
- Uses: Multi-purpose laptop with touch display. Can double as a tablet if needed
- Features: IPS touchscreen display. Android, or Windows 8/8.1 compatible. Comes in either 180-degree flip technology, or detachable keyboard dock
- Brands available: Asus Transformer series, Acer Aspire Bookflip, Neo Shift, HP Pavilion