Caring for Our Clothes By the Right Choice of Iron
Before, our ancestors used to fill their garment irons with charcoal to heat it up, but thanks to technology we are no longer have to go through a gruelling process of setting up the coal and putting it inside the iron. Now, we just plug and proceed to ironing our clothes. Simple as that.
When it comes to garment care, always check the tag of the item of clothing that you bought to determine how you need to wash it as well as the setting and recommended temperature that the iron should be on when you press your clothes. This detail is crucial so you don’t end up ruining your new clothes or your favorite apparel. Because really, who would want that? So don’t risk putting your iron on high, better check the tag first.
Variety of Flat Irons
There are actually a lot of kinds of irons that you can use now a days, thanks to the companies who always try to innovate their way to the top. Trusted brands such as Imarflex, Nikon Tough Mama, Dowell and more have been a staple in every Filipino laundry room. Not only can you select by brand, but there are also several types that you can purchase depending on your needs and preferences.
Choose the perfect iron for you depending on the design that you want, don’t worry because irons usually come in clean designs and made with high quality materials. You can also select the iron through the wide brand offerings in the market right now. A lot of trusted home appliance brands have a variety of flat irons for you to choose from.
- Brands: American Heritage, Imarflex, Westinghouse, Geepas, Oster, Dowell and Nikon
- Advantage: Dry ironing is very helpful unless it is never left unattended and monitored carefully. Best for silk fabrics
- Features: Controllable temperature depending the type of fabric and thermal fuse protected
- Brands: Ariete, Severin, Deluxe, Black and Decker, Westinghouse, Bosch, Electrolux, Philips, Nikon, Oster and Dowell
- Advantage: Most quicker, cheaper and easier to find in the market. It handle tough creases and wrinkles in most fabric
- Features: Composed of Water spray function and 3 to 6 settings (eco/max/steam off)