Care For Your LCD Monitor With Screen Protectors
Every part of the camera is essential to its usage. Even if you don’t notice it, or take it for granted, each aspect plays a vital role in the fluidity of usage. One of the most underrated parts of digital camera is the LCD screen. Many photographers prefer to look into the viewfinder when framing a shot, but using the screen is inevitable. It is used to view photos and videos, to monitor the settings, and to scroll through the camera menu. It is also the default display when shooting videos. Photographers and videographers have to take good care of their camera screens so that they can continue to see accurate results and readable content. Even before using your newly-bought camera, it is highly recommended to purchase an LCD screen protector for your digital camera.
Different Kinds Of Camera Screen Protectors
There are different kinds of DSLR screen protectors for sale in the Philippines. Film screen protectors are the most common type, and they are also, arguably, the cheapest. They are typically made from flexible polypropylene, a plastic, with a clear adhesive on one side. It can be tricky to put over the screen because you may accidentally trap dirt or air bubbles. They are relatively strong, and difficult to remove. Optical glass LCD protectors are lightweight and transparent glass places over the screen. These are typically less than a millimeter thick, and are highly resistant to scratches, cracks, water, and oil. These are stronger than film, but are also more expensive. Monitor covers are another option. They are a thin plastic shell that is clipped on to the screen. It is easy to attach, and can be removed for replacement. To purchase your own DSLR camera screen protector online, head over to your trusted shopping website for your convenience.
- Description: This is an extremely thin and highly transparent polypropylene sheet with a strong adhesive on one side. It comes in a variety of sizes to suit the different LCD screens of brands and models. The price many vary depending on the quality and strength of the film.
- Attachment: The camera screen must first be cleaned to avoid the trapping of dirt. It must be placed, slowly, carefully, accurately over the LCD screen to cover the entire surface and to avoid air bubbles.
- Advantages: Some film protectors are formulated to have special features such as anti-finger print, anti-glare, and water & oil resistance. This type can typically protect the screen from mild scratches, and offers a clear, uncompromised view of the screen.
Film Screen Protector
- Description: This is a very thin and lightweight rectangular optical glass that is cut to take the shape of the LCD screen. The length and width will vary between camera brand and models.
- Attachment: Similar to the film screen protector, it has a clear adhesive on one side. It must be placed carefully and accurately over the LCD screen to properly over the entire glass surface.
- Advantages: Because it is made out of glass, it offers super lightweight protection without adding bulk. Most are highly resistant to scratches, and blocks harsh UV light.
Optical Glass Screen Protector
- Description: This is a strong plastic shell that is designed to be clipped over the camera screen. It is made out of lightweight transparent plastic.
- Attachment: Unlike the previous two, this kind of protector does not have to be handled with utmost care, and provides room for error. It is simply clipped over the LCD screen, and you’re good to go.
- Advantages: This is a very strong protector because it is thicker, and for more solid than the previous two. It is easy to attach, and can also be removed if you wanted.