Back to Back: Men and Backpack
Men have been carrying their things on their back ever since. Back in the days most people; typically hunters and gatherers, use bags, usually made of leather, that are hanged over both of their shoulders to easily store and transport their produce and meat. Today these bags are known as knapsacks or rucksacks or backpack, it is the type of bag that you use to carry your things (school, travel, or work) conveniently on your back.
Everybody’s Bag: The Backpack
In today’s time people; commonly students, hikers and/or travelers and some use it for work, use knapsacks because of the handiness that it brings. The weight of your things is evenly distributed on both of your shoulders unlike with handbags and sling-bags or cross-body bags where the weight is only rested on one shoulder. In addition you can put a lot of your things in a backpack; maybe that’s why most if not all travelers use it for traveling and hiking thus giving way to the birth of the terminologies backpackers and backpacking. When traveling, some people often live by the term “travel light”, who prefers to travel with less baggage normally choose this bag as it is gives the person a hassle free trip. Most students as well as some people who work usually use this backpacks as it also provide them convenience. They can put their laptops or tablets, papers, notebooks, pens and pencils, make up or grooming kits, wallet, and cellphones.
- Material: Casual backpacks are meant to be lightweight and that is why it is commonly made with nylon, polyester and canvas
- Uses: Conveniently bring your things for school or work and this can also be used for traveling
- Features: Most backpacks have main containers with multiple pockets. They are made of very sturdy and durable material and some backpacks have laptop compartments and padded straps for comfort
- Brands: High Sierra, Winpard, Hawk, Kinetix, KHUMBMELA and more brands are now offering casual backpacks
- Material: Most camping and hiking bags are made with nylon, polyester, polytex or combination
- Uses: As the name suggests, they are very ideal for camping, hiking and backpacking
- Features: Camping and hiking bags are made of lightweight materials with more than one main compartment and multiple pockets and mesh pockets. They are also made of waterproof and sturdy material and are very durable to last you a long time.
- Brands: Get your camping and hiking bags from brands like Deuter, Rhinox, Carlsan, and Racini
Camping and Hiking
- Material: Polytex and nylon are commonly used for kid's backpack
- Uses: Backpacks can be used for school, travel or for going out. They also come in variety of adorable and kid-friendly designs to choose from.
- Features: Kids’ backpacks have a spacious main compartment with multiple interior and exterior pockets. Some have padded straps for comfort. Some backpacks are equipped with wheels and can be used as trolleys.
- Brands: More and more brands are offering kids' backpack like Winpard, Racini Kids, Deuter, and ELLE